Would you like to live abundantly full of happiness and contentment? How about a life with excellent physical and mental health? Greatly increase your chances of that happening by showing and sharing gratitude. That’s right, something as simple as practicing thankfulness and expressing how grateful you are for the people and things you have in your life has a powerful impact. Here are some simple things you can do starting today to show your gratitude.
- Tell the people you love how grateful you are for them. We often take the ones closest to us for granted. Make a point to do it regularly and be specific to make it meaningful.
- Think about the people who challenge you. Express your gratitude for how they help you grow and make you stronger.
- Take a few minutes each week to write a letter or email to a person who has made a difference to you at one point or another. This could be a teacher, a mentor, an old friend … anyone you can think of.
- Give the gift of your time to someone to show without words how grateful you are to have them in your life. This is particularly important for the elderly people in your life. Your time with them is limited. Make the most of it.
- Start using a gratitude journal and make the time to write down three things you are grateful for every single day. It will brighten even your worst days and put things into perspective.
- Forgive yourself when you don’t reach all your goals, or things don’t go your way. Be grateful for what you have and what you are learning from each experience.
- Compliment the people around you. Make them feel good about themselves. It’s a powerful way to show gratitude in an indirect way. Small, meaningful gifts and acts of service do the same.
- Pay it forward. Do something nice for someone you work with or a total stranger. Random acts of kindness are a wonderful way to spread gratitude and bring more positivity into the world.
- Give a hug and a kind word to someone who’s struggling. Show them through physical affection that you’re there for them and grateful to have them in your life.
- Show your body and mind gratitude for what they do for your day in and day out by taking care of yourself and investing in regular self-care.
Take a moment to read this quote, re-read it, and really let it sink in.
“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”William Arthur Ward
Gratitude for what we have comes when we give. Need a gift idea?Visit RefreshedandBlessed.com or check out some special gift ideas below!
CSB Study Bible For Women-Teal/Sage Floral LeatherTouch
The most comprehensive study Bible ever prepared for women and by women, the CSB Study Bible for Women invites you to explore the riches of God’s Word. Follow God’s grand story across this Bible for women, guided by threads of specialized study that explain essential doctrines, answer hard questions, discuss biblical womanhood, and apply truth to our hearts and lives.
The CSB Study Bible for W…
NKJV Study Bible For Kids-Flexicover
This is the premier New King James study Bible for children. It is targeted for kids 8 to 12, and it’s in full color! Not only is this deluxe leathersoft Bible for study of biblical facts and themes, it also includes articles that are topical and applicable to your child’s daily life.This Bible has been created and designed especially for you with vibrant full color on every page! Now studying …
Kids eco hoodie
Looking for a comfy hoodie for your little one? This premium quality kids eco hoodie has a front pouch pocket, ribbed cuffs, and a lined hood for additional warmth. It’s snug and soft to the touch. What’s more, the hoodie is made from organic cotton and recycled polyester, making it a more earth-friendly fashion choice!
• 80% organic cotton, 20% recycled polyester
• Outside: 100% organic co…